folks that exercise Bikram yoga practice those postures and pranayamas so that it will stretch and reinforce their our bodies, and the heated room allows to head deeper into the posture and sweat out pollution. specifically, Bikram Yoga is frequently known as the 26+2 which makes up the 26 same poses and 2 respiration physical activities. maximum poses are carried out two times and they’re normally held among 6-60 seconds depending at the pose.
beneath, you will discover the 26 poses of Bikram yoga, so you can attempt it out for yourself at home!
- Stand up with your feet together.
- Take a deep breath as much as you can. Hold for 10 to 15 seconds and exhale out all of the air within your body.
2.Half Moon (Ardha Chandrahasan)
- perform Utthita Trikonasana to the proper facet, with your left hand resting at the left hip.
- Inhale, bend your right knee, and slide your left foot about 6 to twelve inches ahead alongside the ground. Concurrently, reach your right hand forward, past the little-toe facet of the right foot, as a minimum 12 inches.
- Exhale, press your right hand and proper heel firmly into the ground, and straighten your proper leg. Simultaneously lifting the left leg parallel or a touch above parallel to the ground.
- Expand actively via the left heel to preserve the raised leg robust. Be cautious no longer to fasten and so hyperextend the standing knee. Make sure the kneecap is aligned clear-cut and is not became inward.
- Rotate your top torso to the left, but hold the left hip shifting slightly ahead.
- Maximum novices should maintain the left hand at the left hip and the pinnacle in a neutral position, watching ahead.
- Endure the body‘s weight mostly on the standing leg. Press the lower hand lightly to the ground, the use of it to intelligently adjust your stability.
- Carry the inner ankle of the standing foot strongly upward, as though drawing electricity from the ground into the status groin.
- Press the sacrum and scapulas firmly against the returned torso, and prolong the coccyx toward the raised heel.
- Stay on this phase for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Then lower the raised leg to the floor with an exhalation, and go back to Trikonasana. Then carry out the pose to the left for the identical period of time.
3.Awkward pose (Utkatasana)
- Stand tall with both your ft next to each other. Then flow the right foot far sufficient for a 6-inch gap to arise among your knees.
- Make bigger your fingers in front of you and make certain they are not loosen. Keep them flexed and straight at the elbows.
- Slowly decrease your hips so that your thighs emerge as parallel to the floor. Keep the location for an awesome minute or however long you could / however long your instructor specifies.
- pass back up to straight function. most effective make certain to stand in your feet this time.
- keep standing tall to your ft for a few seconds. After which repeat the complete method above by way of bringing your hips all the way down to where in your thighs emerge as parallel with the surface beneath you. That is the second iteration of the Awkward pose.
- cross returned as much as immediately role again. This time in place of putting the whole weight of your frame in your toes.
- Genuinely raise your heels off the ground just a little bit as if you had been seeking to upload just one inch on your height and repeat the awkward pose.
- handiest this time taking place with your buttocks as low as you could till they nearly contact the returned of your heels. This is the third, final, and most annoying new release of this posture.
- begin status in Mountain Pose (Tadasana), along with your fingers at your facets.
- Bend your knees. balance on your right foot and go your left thigh over your proper. restore your gaze at a point in front of you. Hook the top of your left foot behind your proper calf. balance for one breath.
- Novices can leave out the foot hook and pass the leg over the top of the status leg, rather, resting the toes gently at the floor.
- Make bigger your palms straight in the front of your frame. Drop your left arm below your right.
- Bend your elbows, after which enhance your forearms perpendicular to the floor. Wrap your palms and arms, and press your palms collectively or as close as you may get them.
- lift your elbows and attain your fingertips towards the ceiling. Keep your shoulder blades pressing down your returned, closer to your waist.
- If your palms don’t touch but, press the backs of your palms collectively, alternatively, or maintain onto a strap.
Rectangular your hips and chest to the front wall. Draw your belly in and up.
- Stare upon the hints of your thumbs. Breathe easily and calmly.
- Preserve for up to at least one minute, focusing on your breath and retaining your gaze constant and tender.
- Gently unwind your arms and legs and go back to Tadasana. Repeat on the opposite aspect.
5.Standing Head to Knee (Dandayamana Janushirasana)
- begin by way of shifting the weight of your frame onto your left leg and interlocking all of your fingers.
- Bend forward on the waist and raise your proper knee towards your chest, till you could location your proper foot onto the “platform” created through interlocking your fingers.
- ideally, you need your palms to be located 3 to 4 inches under the recommendations of your toes and the majority will find this easy to acquire.
- with your palms still beneath your proper foot and your torso bent forward, straighten your proper leg till it turns into parallel to the ground.
- As stated in advance, this can be impossible to carry out for the big majority of beginners and also you possibly gained not be able to get everywhere near parallel.
- Do now not try and force your leg into parallel position as this could result in an harm nearly 100% of the time. truly enlarge your leg as a ways as you could earlier than you start feeling uncomfortable pain, and hold that function.
- You want to keep the knees of each your legs locked the entire time. once more, if you couldn’t do it as a beginner – do not worry.
- After protecting your leg parallel to the ground for around a minute, then take a deep breath, exhale, and slowly start decreasing your elbows towards the calf and the entire upper frame.
- The purpose is to get your the front torso (chest, belly) as near the leg as viable, and additionally to have your brow as near the leg as feasible. at the same time as you try this a part of the pose, attention on feeling a stretch for your decrease back.
- hold for a while or for as long as indicated through your instructor. pass your torso away from the leg, move back to neutral position, and repeat the identical procedure for the opposite leg.
6.Standing Bow (Dandayamana-Dhanurasana)
- carry your hand out, palm dealing with the ceiling.
- without flipping your hand pick up your foot, from the internal, on the ankle. attain your
- contrary hand to the sky, palm facing ahead.
Slowly start to kick your leg again and up as you decrease your top body down. make certain to preserve your hips stage and your backside leg straight and engaged now not hyperextended).
keep to kick slowly until you begin to feel challenged. hold there for some breaths,and see if you could kick a touch more.
7.Balancing Stick (TULADANDASANA)
- begin by way of lifting your palms above your head and pointing them towards the ceiling. Your arm muscle groups should be saved tight and your elbows locked.
- Interlock all your fingers at the same time as making sure to preserve your index arms pointed outwards, much like in case you were pretending your palms had been a gun!
- Arch your decrease lower back barely even as pushing your hips ahead.
- Take a big step forward with your proper leg, right away locking it on the knee as soon as it touches the floor. the left leg stays back in location.
- the usage of your left leg as a pivot point, decrease your top frame ahead at the same time as simultaneously lifting up your left leg. This motion need to be accomplished in no time (one second at most) as you want the blood to come back rushing on your head.
- At this point, your raised (left) leg, upper body and fingers have to all shape a line that is perfectly parallel to the ground. If a person were to take a look at you from the aspect, you’ll seem like an appropriate letter T.
- hold the foot of your helping leg pointed perfectly ahead, in the equal route your fingers are pointing.
- begin to stretch your frame in two contrary instructions – pull back together with your lifted leg, and push ahead together with your torso and arms. whilst you do that, recall to preserve the proper T-letter shape.
- hold for 15 or so seconds or but lengthy your trainer specifies, then decrease your log and repeat the identical manner for the other leg.
8.Standing Separate Leg stretching (Dandayamana-Bibhaktapada-Paschimotthanasana)
- Take a step (four toes or extra) for your right (wider stance = easier stretch).
- flow ft increasingly more closer. if touching your brow to the ground among your legs is straightforward, then use small steps; the higher the issue, the larger your steps.
- hold spine instantly for so long as possible.
- clutch bottom of heels when they’re within attain, after which use palms to drag yourself farther down.
- From a status function with the legs three feet apart as in 5 Pointed celebrity. flip the right ft to the proper wall and the left ft barely inwards. Inhale and press the left hips out to the left as you slide both hands to the right parallel to the ground.
- Exhale and rotate handiest the fingers. elevate the left arm up and resting the proper hand towards the proper leg, with the fingers facing forward.
- Press into the feet, pull up the kneecaps, keeping the legs robust. reach the finger suggestions away from every other, bringing the arms into one directly line with the shoulders stacked on pinnacle of every different. Press the left hip forward and the proper hip back.
- Breathe and maintain for three-6 breaths.
- To launch: inhale and reach the raised hand up closer to the ceiling as you press down into the ft using the entire bodyto boost lower back into 5 pointed star.
- Repeat on the opposite aspect.
10.Standing Separate Head to Knee (Dandayamana Bibhaktapada Janushirasana)
- flip right foot out ninety tiers and do identical with torso, hips, hands, and head.
- Rotate left foot in about forty five stages to preserve hips squared forward.
- Tuck chin into chest and keep straightened legs and arms spherical down from hips until forehead touches right knee.
- If hamstrings or spine is tight. bend proper leg till brow touches knee keep fingers and left leg straight. in case you want stability, separate arms on ground.
- interact abdominal muscle groups, spherical backbone by means of lifting stomach, and straighten proper leg
paintings towards these 3 desires: maintain forehead on proper knee; Straighten legs; convey hands collectively into prayer position.
- Align hips through twisting them rightward to square hips to ground.
- preserve eyes open and make certain chin is tucked tightly into chest.
- give up pose by using doing those: maintain hands immediately and subsequent to ears; interact abdominal muscle mass; round up slowly.
- Repeat on left side through turning once to stand ahead and then turning again to stand left leg.
11.Tree Pose (Tadasana)
- begin standing in Mountain Pose (Tadasana), together with your palms at your sides. Distribute your weight calmly across both ft. grounding down equally through your inner ankles, outer ankles, massive ft, and child toes.
- Shift your weight to your left foot. Bend your right knee, then attain down and clasp your proper internal ankle. Use your hand to draw your right foot alongside your inner left thigh. Do no longer relaxation your foot against your knee, only above or underneath it. regulate your function so the center of your pelvis is directly over your left foot. Then, adjust your hips so your proper hip and left hip are aligned.
- relaxation your hands to your hips and extend your tailbone toward the floor. Then, press your hands together in prayer function at your chest, along with your thumbs resting in your sternum.
- repair your gaze lightly on one, unmoving point in front of you.
- Draw down thru your left foot. Press your proper foot into your left thigh, while pressing your thigh similarly towards your foot.
- Inhale as you expand your fingers overhead, reaching your fingertips to the sky. Rotate your palms inward to face every different. if your shoulders are more flexible, you can press your hands collectively in prayer function, overhead.
- hold for up to at least one minute. To release the pose, step returned into Mountain Pose. Repeat for the identical amount of time on the alternative facet.
12.Toe Stand (Padangusthasana)
- start status in Mountain Pose (Tadasana) together with your arms at your aspects.
- Shift your weight on your left foot, then bend your right knee up towards your chest. boost your right foot and produce your proper heel to rest on the the front of your left thigh or hip. the only of your foot ought
- to be facing the sky, and the top of your foot ought to rest for your leg or hip.
- permit your proper knee to drop down. carry both fingers to the center of your chest in prayer role (Anjali Mudra). that is 1/2 Lotus Tree Pose.
- Slowly hinge ahead at the hips, strongly engaging your stomach muscle
- tissues to aid your balance. keeping your standing leg immediately, launch your hands and region your fingertips on the floor in the front of you.
- Bend your status leg and produce your hips close to the floor. The thigh of your standing leg need to come parallel to the floor. and all of your weight ought to be balanced throughout the ball of your status foot. rest your buttock on the heel of your standing foot.
- gaze at a unmarried spot on the floor 4 feet in front of you.
- keeping your abdominals engaged, deliver your left hand to the middle of your chest in 1/2 prayer role. If it’s miles possible. bring your right hand to meet your left, urgent your palms together.
- keep for up to 90 seconds.
- To launch the pose, area your fingertips at the mat in front of you once again. Slowly straighten your status leg. Inhale to return to standing, then lightly launch your raised leg. Repeat for the same amount of time on the alternative side.
13.Dead Body Pose (Savasana)
- Lie flat in your returned, preferably without any props or cushions. Use small pillow below your neck if genuinely required. near your eyes.
- preserve your legs comfortable apart and let your ft and knees loosen up completely. toes dealing with to the perimeters.
- place your fingers along, but a little spread apart from your body. depart your fingers open, dealing with upward.
- Taking your attention to one of a kind body components one by one, slowly loosen up your entire body.
- start with bringing your awareness to the right foot. move directly to the proper knee as you whole one leg. move your interest on to the alternative leg, and so on. and slowly circulate upwards to your head, enjoyable each part of the frame.
- preserve respiration slowly, lightly, deeply and permit your breath to loosen up you an increasing number of.
- The incoming breath energizes the body even as the outgoing breath brings rest. Drop all feel of hurry or urgency or any want to attend to something else. simply be with the body and the breath.
- surrender the complete body to the floor and permit go. ensure you don’t fall asleep!
- After some time, about 10-20 minutes when you experience completely cozy. keep your eyes closed, slowly roll onto your proper side. Lie in that role for a minute or so.
- Then, taking the support of your right hand, gently sit up into a seated pose which includes Sukhasana (easy Pose).
- preserve your eyes closed and take a few deep breaths in and out as you regularly turn out to be aware about your environment and the frame. when you feel entire, slowly and gently open your eyes.
14.Wind Removing (Pawanmuktasana)
- begin by means of mendacity for your returned, with your legs and arms extended.
- As you exhale, draw both of your knees to your chest. Clasp your hands round them.
- even as keeping only your proper knee, launch your left leg and extend it alongside the floor. hold this pose for up to at least one minute.
- Draw your left knee returned in closer to your chest and clasp your palms around both knees once more.
- while keeping best your left knee, launch your right leg and make bigger it along the floor. maintain this pose for the identical quantity of time.
- sooner or later, draw each knees in your chest.
- With an exhalation, launch and increase each legs.
15.Sit Up (padahastasana)
- begin seated together with your legs bent and slowly raise your ft off the ground so that you are balancing on your bottom.
- Straighten your legs whilst retaining your spine lengthy.
- carry your fingers so they’re parallel to the floor and look on your feet.
- Lie flat in your belly. area your arms on the facet and make certain that your ft touch each other.
- Then, pass your fingers to the the front, ensuring they are at the shoulder stage, and region your palms on the ground.
- Now, setting your body’s weight for your hands, inhale and lift your head and trunk. observe that your palms should be bent at your elbows at this level.
- You need to arch your neck backward in an try and reflect the cobra with the raised hood. but ensure your shoulder blades are firm, and your shoulders are away from your ears.
- Press your hips, thighs, and ft to the ground.
- keep the asana for about 15 to 30 seconds while breathing normally. sense your stomach pressed in opposition to the floor. With practice, you must be capable of preserve the asana for up to two minutes.
- To launch the pose, slowly deliver your palms returned to the sides. rest your head at the ground by means of bringing your brow in contact with the ground. area your palms beneath your head. Then, slowly rest your head on one facet and breathe.
17.Locust Pose (Salabhasana)
- Lie to your stomach on the ground and region your hands via your aspect.
- As you inhale, elevate your legs and upper torso.
- the use of your inner thighs, raise your leg upwards without bending your knees.
- Your weight should relaxation on your decrease ribs and stomach.
- hold the pose for a minute. release.
18.Full Locust (Poorna salabhasana)
- lying face down together with your forehead on the mat. increase your palms out in front and your feet long in the back of you. Take a complete Inhale and exhale.
- On the following inhalation, carry each arms and legs as high as feasible. squeezing from the decrease, middle, and higher lower back.
- Roll the shoulders down and back. preserving the neck in a impartial function gaze barely in the front of you, and keep for three to five belly breaths.
- stability at the pelvis, keeping the fingers with the aid of the ears and the feet together. Exhale, slowly release, and repeat.
19.Bow Pose (Dhanurasana)
- mendacity face down together with your forehead at the mat. boom your fingers out in the front and your ft long within the returned of you. Take a entire Inhale and exhale.
- On the subsequent inhalation, carry each arms and legs as excessive as possible. squeezing from the lower, center, and better lower lower back.
- Roll the shoulders down and returned. keeping the neck in a unbiased function gaze barely inside the the front of you, and keep for three to 5 stomach breaths.
- balance at the pelvis, keeping the fingers with the useful resource of the ears and the ft collectively. Exhale, slowly release, and repeat.
20.Fixed Firm (Supta Vajrasana)
- to begin the fixed firm Pose steps, you need to first come to the Vajrasana.
- Then, using the support of your elbows, lie down together with your back at the floor. Your again need to keep in touch with the floor.
- Straighten your fingers slowly and lie absolutely to your returned. beginners to the pose may additionally location the arms on the respective thighs.
- After coming to the right function, carry your palms to the shape of a scissor. hold them under the shoulders.
- Your right hand need to be saved below your left shoulder and your left shoulder must be kept below the proper. Your head must be stored in the center of them.
- keep your knees joined together and in touch with the ground always.
- shut your eyes and loosen up on this pose for eight–10 seconds. training this pose for a few days will enable you to exercise it efficiently.
- You have to launch from the pose in the opposite order. at the same time as breathing in, take the help of your fingers and shoulders and lift your head above the ground.
- Then, let your body weight be shifted to the left elbow and arm by using sliding the frame . slowly coming to the primary function.
21.Half Tortoise (Ardha Kurmasana)
- sit down on a yoga mat within the Vajrasana or Diamond Pose with your buttocks resting for your heels.
- Inhale and lift both your fingers to the sky. deliver the palms of your fingers together and intertwine your two thumbs collectively.
- Your palms must be instantly with your biceps touching your ears. Straighten your lower back and feel the stretch.
- Exhale and slowly pivot down from your waist till your little fingers and forehead contact the yoga mat.
- preserve this pose for at least 20 seconds even as you continue to breathe usually.
- Inhale and are available lower back to the beginning function together with your palms instantly up inside the sky above your head.
- Exhale, release your fingers, and are available returned to the Vajra Asana.
22.Camel Pose (Ustrasana)
- start the asana by kneeling on your mat and putting your palms in your hips.
- You should ensure that your knees and shoulders are within the identical line, and the soles of your feet are dealing with the ceiling.
- Inhale, and draw your tailbone in closer to your pubis. You must experience the pull on the navel.
- at the same time as you’re doing that, arch your back. lightly slide your hands over your ft and straighten your hands.
- preserve your neck in a neutral position. It need to not be strained.
- maintain the location for about 30 to 60 seconds earlier than you release the pose.
- allow’s begin by way of sitting in your heels. Exhale all of the air out and take hold of your heels with back of the fingers facing out, so thumbs outside, fingers internal.
- have interaction your center and spherical down, setting the pinnacle of your head on the floor closer to your knees in order that your brow is touching your knees.
- elevate your hips high, rolling forward like a wheel till your elbows are locked, feeling this incredible establishing of the back of the coronary heart.
- Inhale, pull on your heels with a company grip of your fingers and exhale, cross deeper.
- live right here for at the least five breaths, and slowly arise the identical manner you came in. Inhale, and roll up one vertebrae at a time, chin and head comes up last, releasing the fingers.
24.Head to Knee Pose and Stretching Pose
- Seated in certain attitude or clean pose, extend the proper leg instantly out in front of you. area the lowest of the left foot in opposition to the proper thigh. Pull the proper leg in to square the hips to the front wall.
- Inhale the fingers up and reach out of the waist lengthening the spine.
- maintain the duration as you exhale forward. bending the right knee enough to interlace the hands across the foot and to vicinity the head against the knee.
- work the posture by means of urgent the pinnacle down into the knee. sliding the right heel faraway from you. lengthening the proper leg. preserve the pinnacle pressed to the knee even as straightening the leg as lots as you may.
- For a deeper stretch within the leg, press the heel away and pull the toes toward your head.
- relax the shoulders, neck and face. make certain the shoulders are parallel to the ground.
- Use the arms simplest sufficient to hold the top in touch with the knee.Breathe and preserve for three-6 breaths.To launch: inhale the palms up over your head, exhale them to the floor. Repeat different side.
25.Spine Twisting Pose (Ardha Matsyendrasana)
- sit up with the legs stretched out immediately in the front of you. retaining the toes together and the backbone erect.
- Bend the left leg and region the heal of the left foot beside the proper hip (optionally, you could maintain the left leg immediately).
- Take the right leg over the left knee.
- place the left hand on the proper knee and the proper hand in the back of you.
- Twist the waist, shoulders and neck in this collection to the proper and appearance over the proper shoulder.
- hold the spine erect.
- keep and preserve with mild lengthy breaths inside and out.
- respiratory out, release the proper hand first the hand at the back of you. release the waist, then chest,finally the neck and sit up comfortable but instantly.
- Repeat to the opposite side.
- respiratory out, come returned to the front and loosen up.
26.Blowing in Firm Pose (Kapalbhati in Vajrasana)
- take a seat for your knees with your spine completely directly, and your shoulders comfy.
- awareness your stare upon yourself inside the mirror.
- completely relax your abdomen.
- Inhale will occur robotically, so focus on exhaling.
- Exhale like you’re blowing out a birthday candle.
- simplest your abdomen should be transferring.
- Do now not leap or flow your shoulders up and down.