Bikram Yoga is a type of yoga technique that evolve from Hatha yoga . It is developed by Bikram Choudhury. It became famous in 1970s. Bikram yoga in the beginning run upto 90 minutes. Furthermore it consist of the same list of 26 yoga postures as well as two breathing exercises. Bikram yoga is comes under the hot yoga styles because of its practice is done in the room which is heated with 35 to 40 degree celcius with 40% humidity. For being the teacher of Bikram Yoga , person need to get nine weeks of training from Bikram Choudhury and get certified.
Since the founder of Bikram is Bikram Choudhury, he claimed to copyright this technique in the year of 2011. So that only authorized one could present or taught this yoga technique. But he lost at the beginning instance, as Court of Appeal discarded his claim to copyright that yoga poses. United States Copyright Office issued a declaration that yoga poses cannot be copyrighted as well as others can continue to teach these yoga poses without any restrictions.
Bikram choudhury, inventor of Bikram Yoga is also founder of yoga school in India. Choudhury was born in 1994 at calcutta. He began practicing yoga at the age of four. He mention that he used to practice yoga about four to six hours a day. On the age of thirteen, he stated that he received the national India Yoga Championship and become undefeated for the subsequent 3 years and retired as the undisputed All-India countrywide Yoga Champion. Bikram Choudhury later synthesized 26 yoga postures as well as started his own yoga college. he has also sing and written books on yoga. As of 2006, he had 1,650 yoga studios around the sector. In 2012, there have been 330 studios in the u.s.a. and 600 worldwide.
In India, in which yoga originated, yoga competitions were round for over a century. Yoga sports Federation which hosted The ninth Annual Bishnu Charan Ghosh Cup in June 2012 says that yoga competitions encourage each training yogis and beginners to sharpen their abilities. every other aim of the Federation is to turn Yoga Asana right into a identified Olympic recreation.
Bikram Yoga Postures
Bikram yoga contain 26 postures. we have mention some basic postures as well as one by one steps of practicing these asanas given below. If you need step by step description of all 26 postures click here.
- Stand up with your feet together.
- Take a deep breath as much as you can. Hold for 10 to 15 seconds and exhale out all of the air within your body.
Half Moon (Ardha Chandrahasan)
- perform Utthita Trikonasana to the proper facet, with your left hand resting at the left hip.
Inhale, bend your right knee, and slide your left foot about 6 to twelve inches ahead alongside the ground. Concurrently, reach your right hand forward, past the little-toe facet of the right foot, as a minimum 12 inches.
Exhale, press your right hand and proper heel firmly into the ground, and straighten your proper leg. Simultaneously lifting the left leg parallel or a touch above parallel to the ground.
Expand actively via the left heel to preserve the raised leg robust. Be cautious no longer to fasten and so hyperextend the standing knee. Make sure the kneecap is aligned clear-cut and is not became inward.
- Rotate your top torso to the left, but hold the left hip shifting slightly ahead.
Maximum novices should maintain the left hand at the left hip and the pinnacle in a neutral position, watching ahead.
- Endure the body‘s weight mostly on the standing leg. Press the lower hand lightly to the ground, the use of it to intelligently adjust your stability.
- Carry the inner ankle of the standing foot strongly upward, as though drawing electricity from the ground into the status groin.
- Press the sacrum and scapulas firmly against the returned torso, and prolong the coccyx toward the raised heel.
- Stay on this phase for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Then lower the raised leg to the floor with an exhalation, and go back to Trikonasana. Then carry out the pose to the left for the identical period of time.
Awkward pose (Utkatasana)
Stand tall with both your ft next to each other. Then flow the right foot far sufficient for a 6-inch gap to arise among your knees.
- Make bigger your fingers in front of you and make certain they are not loosen. Keep them flexed and straight at the elbows.
Slowly decrease your hips so that your thighs emerge as parallel to the floor. Keep the location for an awesome minute or however long you could / however long your instructor specifies.
- pass back up to straight function. most effective make certain to stand in your feet this time.
keep standing tall to your ft for a few seconds. After which repeat the complete method above by way of bringing your hips all the way down to where in your thighs emerge as parallel with the surface beneath you. That is the second iteration of the Awkward pose.
cross returned as much as immediately role again. This time in place of putting the whole weight of your frame in your toes.
- Genuinely raise your heels off the ground just a little bit as if you had been seeking to upload just one inch on your height and repeat the awkward pose.
- handiest this time taking place with your buttocks as low as you could till they nearly contact the returned of your heels. This is the third, final, and most annoying new release of this posture.
- begin status in Mountain Pose (Tadasana), along with your fingers at your facets.
- Bend your knees. balance on your right foot and go your left thigh over your proper. restore your gaze at a point in front of you. Hook the top of your left foot behind your proper calf. balance for one breath.
- Novices can leave out the foot hook and pass the leg over the top of the status leg, rather, resting the toes gently at the floor.
- Make bigger your palms straight in the front of your frame. Drop your left arm below your right.
- Bend your elbows, after which enhance your forearms perpendicular to the floor. Wrap your palms and arms, and press your palms collectively or as close as you may get them.
- lift your elbows and attain your fingertips towards the ceiling. Keep your shoulder blades pressing down your returned, closer to your waist.
- If your palms don’t touch but, press the backs of your palms collectively, alternatively, or maintain onto a strap.
Rectangular your hips and chest to the front wall. Draw your belly in and up.
- Stare upon the hints of your thumbs. Breathe easily and calmly.
- Preserve for up to at least one minute, focusing on your breath and retaining your gaze constant and tender.
- Gently unwind your arms and legs and go back to Tadasana. Repeat on the opposite aspect.
Standing Head to Knee (Dandayamana Janushirasana)
- begin by way of shifting the weight of your frame onto your left leg and interlocking all of your fingers.
- Bend forward on the waist and raise your proper knee towards your chest, till you could location your proper foot onto the “platform” created through interlocking your fingers.
- ideally, you need your palms to be located 3 to 4 inches under the recommendations of your toes and the majority will find this easy to acquire.
- with your palms still beneath your proper foot and your torso bent forward, straighten your proper leg till it turns into parallel to the ground.
- As stated in advance, this can be impossible to carry out for the big majority of beginners and also you possibly gained not be able to get everywhere near parallel.
- Do now not try and force your leg into parallel position as this could result in an harm nearly 100% of the time. truly enlarge your leg as a ways as you could earlier than you start feeling uncomfortable pain, and hold that function.
- You want to keep the knees of each your legs locked the entire time. once more, if you couldn’t do it as a beginner – do not worry.
- After protecting your leg parallel to the ground for around a minute, then take a deep breath, exhale, and slowly start decreasing your elbows towards the calf and the entire upper frame.
- The purpose is to get your the front torso (chest, belly) as near the leg as viable, and additionally to have your brow as near the leg as feasible. at the same time as you try this a part of the pose, attention on feeling a stretch for your decrease back.
- hold for a while or for as long as indicated through your instructor. pass your torso away from the leg, move back to neutral position, and repeat the identical procedure for the opposite leg.
Benefits of Bikram Yoga
will increase heart charge:
increases blood flow:
Improves respiratory technique:
stability and mobility: