Hatha yoga is one of the most basic type of yoga for beginners. It is an elementary phase of yoga. The word “hatha” has it’s own meaning; The word “ha” address towards sun and “tha” means moon. This word hatha yoga suggest that the yoga that brings balance between the sun and moon in you. Consequently, it bring balance between “Ida” and “Pingala” nadi of your body. According to yogic mythology, there are seventy two thousands of nadis in our body which are spring from three fundamental nadis as the left is Ingla, another one right is Pingala and the central is Sushumna. “Nadi” is not referred to as nerv besides that nadi’s are the energy centers of our body. Nadi’s cannot be seen by cutting the body, but you can realise that energy centers when you get awareness. Ingla associates with lunar energy and Pingala is with solar energy.
Hatha yoga is the basic preparation of body for higher possibilities. You can expand the practice of hatha yoga beyond certain limitations. Yoga is all about “asanas” referred to as posture of your body. The basic practice of hatha yoga is just to observe your asanas(postures). Postures shows the feelings of our mind like if we are in happy mood, we sit in differ in one way; if we are in anger,we sit in another way and if we feel depression our postures are different. This means that, in every state of your mind like happy, sad or depression , your body will naturally tends to a specific postures. Contrary of this is the science of posture(asanas) like if you consciously practice about different asanas, you can balance your feelings and always live in cheerful way.
Basic Hatha Yoga Postures
practice the hatha yoga with the mountain pose.
- Stand along with your feet together and your shoulders in relaxed position.
- allow your hands grasp at your facets.
- Inhale deeply and raise your hands over your head with your palms directed to each other.
- attain in the direction of the sky and preserve for 30 seconds to at least one minute even as breathing typically.
- Exhale as you decrease your hands. Mountain pose is usually the beginning position for other standing poses.
- For Tree pose, stand together with your toes collectively and your hands at your sides.
- Shift your weight onto your left leg, bend your proper knee and location the only of your right foot at the inner of your left thigh.
- preserve your hips going through forward. when you’ve found your stability, move your fingers to prayer function in front of your chest together with your fingers together.
- on the inhalation, bring your arms up over your head along with your arms going through each other, but separate.
- keep for 30 seconds, release and exhale as you decrease your arms.
- Repeat on the other side.
Foot to Hand Pose
- step to the the front and fix your feet hip-width apart.
- during inhalation, enlarge your spine, after which exhale and bend on the hips.
- If viable,put on your palms under the front of each foot so your feet are touching the internal of your wrists.
- Tuck your chin in and permit your shoulders loosen up far from your ears.
- keep for 30 seconds to at least one minute, and then inhale and come up to status.
- begin to your palms and knees, and unfold your arms out flat at the mat.
- flip your feet underneath, exhale and lift your knees up off the floor.
- keep the knees bent barely and awareness on pushing your heels right down to the floor.
- hold for one to three minutes, and then bend your knees down to the ground on the inhalation.
- start in Mountain pose, after which unfold your ft three to four toes aside.
- turn your proper foot out ninety tiers. loosen up your shoulders, then make bigger your hands out to the sides together with your hands down.
- Bend your right leg ninety tiers, making sure your knee doesn’t amplify over your ankle, and look over your right arm.
- preserve for one minute, after which transfer aspects.
- sit down at the floor, bend your knees and place your feet together with the soles touching.
- Pull your heels in toward your pelvis and press your knees down to the ground.
- sit up straight, relax your shoulders and preserve the pose for 30 seconds to at least one minute.
- Lie for your again with your knees bent, arms at your facets and the soles of the feet flat at the ground.
- move your heels as close to your gluteus as viable.
- at the exhalation, press your ft and hands into the mat and push your hips upward.
- Clasp your palms under your pelvis.
- raise your chin barely and press your shoulder blades down.
- maintain the pose for 30 seconds to 1 minute and release on an inhalation, slowly rolling your spine down on the floor.
- sit at the floor together with your legs extended.
- pass the right foot over your left thigh and place it flat on the floor, after which bend your left knee.
- circulate your left arm to the outside of the proper knee, so your elbow is touching your thigh, and twist your frame to the proper.
- hold for one minute after which release and switch aspects.
- take a seat at the ground and extend your legs in front of you.
- region your palms at the back of your hips along with your palms pointing away from your frame.
- Press your hips into the ground and sit up to lengthen your spine.
- loosen up your shoulders down and lower back, pressing your chest forward.
- Push your heels far from you, pulling the ft towards you.
- preserve for 3 to six breaths.
- sit down on a yoga mat or thick blanket, and go your legs so each foot is below the opposite knee.
- relax your feet and hold your pelvis in a neutral role.
- role your palms both in your lap together with your hands up or for your knees, hands down.
- cognizance on lengthening your tailbone toward the floor and taking deep breaths.
- while you exercise this pose, alternate the crossing of your legs each time you do it.
Benefits Of Hatha Yoga
Maintaining physical health
Hatha Yoga enables in dropping weight. no longer simplest does it assist one drop the extra kilos, however it additionally strengthens the body from inside, thereby improving metabolism and strengthening immune machine. respiration helps in maintaining a healthy mind that’s mentally and emotionally well balanced.
it can be a notable strain reliever and is helpful in detoxifying mind and frame. After a tiring day at work or at school, attempt one or two repetitions of Surya namaskar accompanied with the aid of a few deep respiration. you’ll without delay notice a feel of calmness.
Glide of energy or Prana
Prana is a form of energy in the human frame. It way ‘everyday lifestyles force’. each man or women is born with a sure quantity of power that is chargeable for the frame’s life and maintenance. over time and usage, this prana diminishes and makes the body weak. respiration strategies and yogic postures facilitates in regulating and retaining this vital form of electricity, therefore increasing the durability of existence.
Flexibility may be very essential in retaining an agile and supple body. rigid muscle groups can lead to awful body posture, returned pain, knee pain and neck ache. with the aid of practicing yoga regularly, body posture is corrected and muscle mass grow to be flexible. achieving hard yoga postures additionally become clean.
Builds muscle power & Improves stability
healthful muscular tissues permit us to move freely and keep our body sturdy. constructing muscle energy and enables in keeping joints in good form stopping various ailments like arthritis. robust muscle mass additionally assist in preserving the stability of the frame mainly at some stage in old age.
enables you cognizance
Do you face problem in focusing during a lecture or presentation? attempt Hatha yoga! holding asanas require consciousness and deep breathing so one can stability the frame, thereby making the thoughts extra alert and sharp.
will increase blood float
Asanas such as shoulder stand, headstand or handstand encourages blood to go with the flow from legs to the coronary heart, and later pumps it to the lungs for it to oxygenate, making one sense energetic and refreshed after his/her practice.
Makes you happier
ordinary practice promotes a glad frame, which fosters a satisfied mind. A glad thoughts makes a satisfied you.